2/01/2017

January Wrap-Up



Is it just me or January really is already over?! Which means for me that freedom is over and uni starts again. Although I am going to have pretty good schedule this semester, still I am going to miss having tons of free time. Without me complaining about going back to "reality" here are the books I read in January:
Heartless by Marissa Meyer: 
This book was enjoyable, but the writing just wasn't for me and this kind of made it slower for me, but other that that I would recommend it. I actually have a review about this one so click here if you want to read it.
Heist Society by Ally Carter: 
I cannot believe I haven't pick this book up sooner. If you're reading my blog frequently, you can assume I love Ally Carter books. They are the perfect books to read if youre in a reading slum or if you want a "one-sitting" type of book. I'll definitely continue on with the series, because this was such an easy and fun read. If you're not familiar with the series, I'll link the Goodreads page of the book here, if you're interested.
World After by Susan Ee:
I gave this book 3 stars on Goodreads, because although it was enjoyable, it was a typical 2nd book in a series, so I cannot wait to read the 3rd book in the series and see where the story goes.
We can be mended by Veronica Roth: 
Okay, technically its not a book, but it's a bonus epilogue for the divergent series and in my opinion it really needed one, because that ending still makes me beyond angry. This epilogue made me so angry, I didn't even start Carve the Mark after this, because I am still so angry about that ending. It takes place five years after the series ended and we get the story from Tobias's point of view. I understand what Veronica Roth wanted with this epilogue, but seriously?! I don't want to spoil you with the details, I am just going to say, it wasn't what I was expecting, I definitely expected more from the writer, even were the story goes would be okay, but it could have been better written. Is it just me or you feel the same?
This was my brief wrap-up for January, I hope to read more books next month and also I am going to try and finally get back to my blogging schedule, because I really want to post more frequently.
Until next time,
Bianka

No comments:

Post a Comment