2/05/2017

Talking As Fast As I Can by Laure Graham Book Review


Hello Everyone,
Today I am going to talk about one of the my most anticipated book for 2016, although it's already 2017. And yes, it's by Lauren Graham. You may or may not have heard about her and her most widely known and loved TV-show, Gilmore Girls. Let me tell you I am a huge Gilmore Girls fan and also a big Lauren Graham fan as well. I am almost entirely sure I have seen most of her interviews on youtube and watched her movies and tv-shows. So, yes I was excited for this book.

The synapses:
In this collection of personal essays, the beloved star of Gilmore Girls and Parenthood reveals stories about life, love, and working as a woman in Hollywood—along with behind-the-scenes dispatches from the set of the new Gilmore Girls, where she plays the fast-talking Lorelai Gilmore once again.
(click here for the Goodreads page)

My thoughts:
Going into it, I never anticipated it to be so real. I listened to the audiobook, which I never really do honestly, but hearing Lauren Graham reading it, just made it so real and "authentic". I normally don't like autobiographies, because often they are filled with facts and boring stories. This book was telling her life through a fun point of view,  the sort of I could really feel related to. What I gained from this book was, everyone has their own ups and downs, you just have to find a way to learn something from it. My favourite part out of the book was by far, was the part about the GG revival, because I truly felt like she was talking about "going home" or reuniting with er "family" and this just makes the whole GG thing more lovely and cute.
Also I really enjoyed how she was "telling" the story. It was mostly funny and sarcastic, exactly how you should reflect on your life in my opinion, because why be sad about it if you cannot change it anymore?!
So, yes, I recommend you reading this book if you love Gilmore Girls or if you don't and you just want an easy, entertaining read, but mostly I recommend listening to the audiobook, because it's just better that way. I never thought autobiographies can be fun like this and I actually think I will read more after reading this.

I hope you're all having a wonderful Sunday and I hope you enjoyed reading my review, if you have any suggestion for me to read or if you just want me to write about something, just leave a comment.
Until next time,
Bianka

No comments:

Post a Comment