3/28/2016

Glass sword book review- SPOILERS!

Hello Everyone, I feel like it's been a long time since I have done a review, but maybe it has something to do with the fact, that I feel like reading Glass sword  by Victoria Aveyard took me very long time. I mean really long time. Usually I finish a book in a week and this one took me more than two weeks. But after reading it I'm not disappointed at all. There was a good amount of plot twists in this sequel. I didn't have high expectations for this book. If you haven't read this book or you haven't read Red queen yet, don't continue reading, because there are spoilers below.
So, know let's talk about the real-stuff. At the beginning of this book I needed to catch up a little bit, because it's been a year since I read Red Queen. It was really confusing at the beginning, but after a little bit of time I remembered everything. I forgot, how much I loved this world. Let's start with the things I liked in this book.
The thing I loved in this book was how easily it solved the Kilorn-Mare situation. I mean the fact that Kilorn loves Mare appeared to me in the first book, but I thought there will be a big scene and yelling, you know the usual love-triangle solving situation in Ya books. But instead it was simple and not overreacted. I loved that.
Every corner had a plot twist and every time I picked this book up, ran into a plot-twist. I love when a book does that. When Kilorn "betrayed" Mare, my heart was literally crushed into pieces. And although I expected Mare to surrender, I thought she would run into a trap on the Choke or something like that. Instead she pulled the classic "I surrender, so my loved-ones can live" move. And that ending..... She cannot die, right?! And one more thing: Shade is dead?! Through this book he became my new favorite character and now? He is dead. Why does this happen to me all the time?
My other favorite thing in this book was, that it contained some love and romantics, but it was settle and in the background. It's clear that this book wasn't about that. It was better this way, because otherwise it would've felt forced. I personally think it was a good idea to put the romantic part sort of into the background. It was there, but not  quite there.
The actions of Maven were interesting, although I think part of him still has feelings for the Little lightening girl, after she killed her mother, he wants nothing more, than see her dead. But at the same time it would be too merciful to put her dead body on display and before that humiliate her, compared to his previous actions. So I think, even if Mare dies in the next book, it will be far more interesting than we think.
In this book Mare really lost herself in my opinion, she even started to act as a villain. She reminds me a little bit of Adelina, from The Young Elites book by Marie Lu. She knows she is doing bad things deep down, but she justifies it with her own pain. At the same time she is very focused on her goal and doesn't care about anything else, until she reached it. Meanwhile she is confused and doesn't know what to do. Mare was irritating for me at some points, but she just became more realistic personality throughout the book.
Cal and Farley didn't had much to do except helping Mare find newbloods. I really hope, in the next book they will have more actions. I feel like the Shade and Farley romance wasn't worked out well, but I think it was what made it more heart wrenching and shocking in the end. Maybe in the next book we will know more about it.Cal also had his on fight in this book and it would have deserved a bigger part in the story, in my opinion, so I hope we will get more from him and his side of the story in the next book. Or a short-story would be great too.
Altogether it was a fascinating book and I don't know how I'm going to wait another year for the next book. I WANT IT NOW. Make sure to share your thoughts on the book in the comment section and also if you have any topic recommendations for me to write about or a book-recommendation, comment that down below too.
Until next time,
Bianka

No comments:

Post a Comment