1/16/2017

20 things I learned in 20 years

Hey Everyone, 
by the time you’re reading this I turned 20 years old. Last year on my birthday I did a similar blogpost about 19things I learned in 19 years and not only did I love to write it, it was one of my most viewed post, so I decided to make it again. It's so weird to say that I am 20 years old already. But I thought sharing 20 things I learned throughout my life and maybe some of them you’re going to find useful. So here we go:
#1: Enjoy every moment and every age, because it will go by so fast you won't even realise it.
I have so many moments in my life I wish I had enjoyed more or took the time to enjoy them and now they are gone.
#2: It doesn't matter how much you love people, you cannot change them.
It's pretty self explanatory, but if you don't get along with someone, don't force, it will never changed.
#3: Sometimes friendships aren't forever. 
I wish someone would have told me that, because it happens a lot and I always kept fighting for them until I hated the people I tried to keep in my life. Sometimes friendships need a break and who knows maybe years later you'll find each other again or not, but let's always hope for the best.
#4. It’s okay to have a bad day.
Every once in a while, I have these days, when I don't want to get out of bed and don't want to do anything. And after that I get angrier and angrier at myself for not being able to do anything. Just let it go and let yourself feel it. Everybody has bad days, so why can’t you have one?
#5. I will always be weird. 
Throughout my whole life I felt weird. And recently I realised it will probably never go away, so I accepted it and now I kind of like it.
#6. Cooking is harder than you believe.
This is something I am not proud of, but I am not a good cook. I tried so many times, but it never works. So, I might as well just memorise every restaurant around me, just to be sure I won't starve to death.
#7. Decluttering your life does really good for you.
I cannot believe I am saying this, but last fall I got almost everything not useful out of my room and it made me so happy at the end. Whoever knows me is aware of the fact, that I could be in an episode of Crazy Hoarders, because I had so much stuff in my room. But at the end it made me feel so much better, so it was worth it, although I am not sure I won't need that old Hannah Montana CD I gave away...
#8. Friends can come from the most unexpected places.
It's really self-explanatory so just keep your eyes open.
#9, Yes, reading-slumps really exist, they are not just a legend...
I had the biggest reading slump last year and I am finally getting out of it, so go Bianka.
#10. Change is good.
I don't want to talk about how much change I have gone through in 2016, because I already did a million times, but change is something I never considered as something good or liberating. But sometimes you don't even know you need it and it will make everything better.
#11. If you're like me, university is a place for you.
I am lazy,  if its about school, let's make that clear. I do not like to go home every day and study as you have to in elementary or in high school, but in uni, you don't have to do that. You only have to study for two or three weeks and youre good to go and leaves you with so much more extra time.
#12. Writing a blog is a big commitment. Especially if you start it during the last year of high school.
I never thought creating a new post every week will be hard, but it was. And I couldn't really do it, so this year I am trying again. Hopefully I will succeed.
#13. You won't always end up where you thought you would in your life, but it's not necessarily bad.
I always wanted to be a figure skater and that was something I knew I had to leave one day, but never really thought about it, because it was so unrealistic. But here I am in a totally different life I imagined and I am happier than ever.
#14. You will never learn how to avoid procrastination. Just get used to it.
I for one procrastinate everything out of the fear of failing and it's the worst feeling ever and I am still trying to figure out how to control it, but I don’t think I’ll ever be able to avoid it.
#15. It's okay to watch Disney movies when you're older than 18.
It's one of the biggest life-advise I am going to give you today. Watch what you want to watch, nobody should care.
#16. You have to learn to not care about other people's opinion.
I spent so much time, trying to always make the right thing for others, but somewhere along the way I got lost and it's not okay. Do what you want to do, without other people influencing you.
#17. No matter how you try, it’s possible that you’ll never be a DIY person, if you don’t have the skills for it.
I am not good with crafts, since I was a kid and after 20 years of trying, I finally learned my lesson and although it’s something I like to do, it never turns out okay, whatever I am trying to do.
#18. First days are always awkward, no matter how old you get.
I think first days are incredibly hard and awkward. I never know what to do or who to talk to and the whole thing is just weird, so I always end up acting weird.
#19. Sometimes the people closest to you will understand you the least. 
This just sounds sad, but it’s true. And if they don’t understand you or your problems, it can cause a lot of conflicts and tension and most of the times you cannot do anything about it.
#20. Life will always get better.
I saved the biggest cliché for last, because right now I truly believe, that with hard work and willpower life can always get better and you can find happiness in the most unexpected places, you just have to keep your eyes open.
This was my very long list of things I learned throughout 20 years in this world and the list will just grow with each year so I might have to become wiser and wiser every year. 
I hope you enjoyed reading it and I hope you’re all having a wonderful day.
See you next time,

Bianka

No comments:

Post a Comment