8/01/2016

July Wrap-Up

Yes, it's already the end of another month. It's crazy. This year is going by so fast, I cannot even keep up. So, today I am going to do a wrap-up post and later this week I am going to upload another post, so keep an eye on my twitter or my instagram, because I will notify you whenever it's up. From now on in my wrap-up I am going to tell you about all the books I read in the month, like usually and also I am going to tell you my favorite memory or thing in the month. I think it's a great way, to make these wrap-ups a little bit more exciting and personal.
Books I read in July:
My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton and Jody Meadows: I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed this one. It was a perfect summer read. I gave it 3.5 stars on Goodreads, because the plot was little bit slow at some points, but overall I think its a very enjoyable read. A review is up on the blog, just click here, if you want to read it.
Én vagy senki by Dorka Mészáros: This was a Hungarian YA book, it's not available in English. If I want to translate the title, it's Me or no one. It was meant to be a thriller, mystery book, but I think it was really flat and unrealistic. It seemed very promising and I don't find hungarian YA books promising often, but this in my opinion was not a good book and I honestly wouldn't recommend it. But it's only my opinion, don't hate me, if you loved it.
Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover: For me Colleen Hoopvers books were always a little bit too dramatic, but in this one I truly fell in love with Colleen Hoovers writing. I think in this book the characters behaved a lot more mature than in other NA romances. It was a very enjoyable read, I am going to be honest, I think its my favorite out of her books. I liked that it had music written to it, like actual music, how cool is that?!
Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff : I am technically just reading it, but I am almost done with it, so it counts right?! This book surprised me in so many ways. I am going to admit at the beginning it was a little bit confusing, but later on I started to listen to the audiobook and after that I understood everything. I know I said in my 25 bookish facts about me post, that I cannot listen to audiobooks (you can read the post, if you click here), but this one is pretty much like a movie without the screen. And I love it.
Best moment of the month:
I GOT ACCEPTED TO UNIVERSITY!!!!! I cannot believe I am basically a university student now and I am honestly so proud of myself, because all the hard work is just paying off and that feels amazing.
July has been very relaxing and at the same time a really eventful month and I cannot wait to see what adventures are waiting for me in August. How was your July? Please tell me in the comments, because I am curious as always.
Until next time,
Bianka

No comments:

Post a Comment