7/09/2016

The Fixer- Jennifer Lynn Barnes book review

Today I am here with another book-review and I have to say, for some reason it wasn't an easy one to write. Not because the book itself was bad or I didn't like it, but it was really hard to write about it without spoiling you. I gave this book 4/5 stars on Goodreads, so you can imagine it was good, but in order to make this review as good as it can be without spoiling you, I m going to try a different method and I won't try to explain the plot.
The synopsis: 
Sixteen-year-old Tess Kendrick has spent her entire life on her grandfather's ranch. But when her estranged sister Ivy uproots her to D.C., Tess is thrown into a world that revolves around politics and power. She also starts at Hardwicke Academy, the D.C. school for the children of the rich and powerful, where she unwittingly becomes a fixer for the high school set, fixing teens’ problems the way her sister fixes their parents’ problems.
And when a conspiracy surfaces that involves the family member of one of Tess's classmates, love triangles and unbelievable family secrets come to light and life gets even more interesting—and complicated—for Tess.
Sounds good right?! This story was so much more than I expected it to be. It was kind of giving me the same feeling, as the Gallagher Girls series and the Embassy Row series by Ally Carter and also what caught my eyes in one of the reviews I read, it is little bit like Veronica Mars. Do you need any more than that in a book?! The only thing I was missing from this book was a little romance, because there was none. And I am okay with that for now, because this whole book was building up a story, we got to know the characters, but a romance would be adding more to the story. But it is just my opinion. Ivy, Tess's sister was an interesting character all along, although I figured one of the plot-twist before it actually happened, I could understand her and she was a kick-ass female character. Tess was a little bit grumpy for me, but I could understand, why she did what she did. But the most likable characters were Adam and Asher. Both of these characters were an amazing support team for Ivy and Tess and I cannot wait to see them in the next book, hopefully a little bit more. Asher was the funny best friend and was always making the situations funnier. Adam was one of those persons, who you could instantly befriend with in my opinion. Henry was my least favorite, because at some point he was rude and even if he had a reason for that, I didn't like it at all.
The plot in this book was not expectable, although I was afraid it would be. The main "mistery" ws well built up and I cannot wait for what is coming in the next part of the story.
If you have read this book, please tell me what you think about, because as aways, I am very curious.
Until next time,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment