6/23/2016

Me before you movie review

Hey Everyone, today I have a movie review for you, because I just saw the Me before you movie. and also this week I finished all of my exams so it's officially summer for me, so I hope I can read more, because June wan't my best reading-month.
Anyway, I liked the movie, but it wasn't as heart wrenching as the book was. Don't get me wrong, I was still crying, but not as much as I cried reading the book. Sam Claflin was one of my favorite actors since the Hunger Games-movies, so I got excited, when I saw that he is going to play Will. And he was a perfect Will in my opinion. It couldn't be easy to play a character, who can barely move his body, but he managed it. I haven't seen Emilia Clarke act, I have only seen a couple of interviews with her on TV and those interviews were really funny and I thought she kind of has a similar personality like Louisa has, so I was excited to see her act. And I was not disappointed, because she was great for the role of Louisa Clark. I think that in the book the family had a bigger role, but in the movie the focus was on Lou and Will and their relationship, but I would have liked to see a bit more of the family dynamics, which I loved so much in the book.
The scene on the beach wasn't as painful in my opinion in the movie as in the book, but the Switzerland scene was just as heart-wrenching. There were also a couple of changes in the movie, but it wasn't disturbing, it just made the story go on more smoothly.
Altogether I think it was a great movie and if you love these type of movies, just go ahead and watch it, you'll love it. I have a full book review up on the blog, about Me before you by Jojo Moyes, if you're interested: https://booksdreamsandlifestyle.blogspot.hu/2016/04/hi-i-just-finished-this-amazing-book.html
Also I have to mention that the director of this movie Thea Sharrock is going to direct the Selection movie, which is based on a book by Kiera Cass. After watching this movie, I can't wait to see the Selction movie.
What did you think about the movie if you have seen it? Are you excited about the Selection movie?Please share your opinion in the comment, because I am really curious.
Until next time,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment