2/27/2016

19 things I learned in 19 years

Hey Guys, today I'm not going to write about books, I have a different kind of post for you today. Yesterday I was thinking during class and I really like to read this kind of posts so, I thought I want to share 19 things I learned during my life until this point.
1. You always have to get up.- Okay, I know this one sounds like a cliché, but it's one of the most important things in life. Even if you don't want to, maybe the next moment will hold you something better.
2. If you dress well, you'll feel well.- This is one thing I compensate with, if I'm feeling a little bit down. It's only logic: if you look good in the mirror, maybe it cheers you up, or at least it works for me.
3.Your mind is the most powerful thing in the world.- I recently learned this in the hard way and at first I didn't realise it was up to me to feel better. Now, I know and am learning how to control it.
4. You deserve to live.- It's pretty self explanatory. It's in connection, with taking every moment and possibility out there, because they are there for you to take them.
5. You're not your numbers.- It doesn't matter if it's your weight or if it's the grade you get at school, it doesn't have to define you.
6. Welcome feelings, because they are there for a reason. - For a long time, I only focused on the good feelings and I was able to shut the bad ones out. But one day when I was feeling down, it all came back to me in one big giant bad-emotion ball and crashed me to pieces. But I'm starting to learn, how to handle all kinds of feelings.
7. Being introverted doesn't mean you're antisocial.- Trough my hole life I was told, that I'm antisocial, because I enjoyed spending time alone, curled up with a good book or watching a tv-show, but it's not true, because everyone is different and we enjoy different things.
8. Being rebellious is not a bad thing. - This one sounds a little weird, but for me it means, I never excepted, when someone told me I wasn't capable of something. It only made me angrier and it helped me to prove them wrong.
9. Sooner or later you'll get there, you just have to work more.- I was always a late-bloomer, so I was always a little bit behind people at my age. It took me more time to achieve certain things, but it taught me to never give up, because sooner or later you'll get there and you will be everything they told you'll never be.
10. Practice makes perfect.- This one is pretty obvious, but I had to include it here, because it's important.
11. Not all friendships are for life.- This I learned trough so many friendships and basically, with some of those people I still don't talk, because  we had such a big fight at the end. I slowly understood, that some people are just passing by in your life and after they taught you what they had to, they just move on and you have to except it, because otherwise there is going to be a lot of tension and fighting.
12. People don't go away, because they don't like you or you aren't good enough.- I've spent a lifetime  thinking that certain people left me, because I wasn't good enough to make them stay, but now I know that they simply found a new goal or a better possibility and that decision had nothing to do with me.
13. Watching TV-shows is rewarding.- This one is a really important one, because that is how my English started to improve. Or actually this is the way I learned to speak English. So if anyone tells me, that watching TV-shows instead of studying is not gonna take me anywhere, I just tell them my story. But studying is really important to, I just have a good reasoning.
14. YA books are good for you. Every book is good for you.- Reading books was and still is one of my favorite things to do. It was my hiding place from anything uncomfortable and nowadays it is a way for me to switch off and relax.
15. Sometimes the people, who you least expect, can surprise you.- Right now in my life I'm surrounded with such amazing and loving people. If someone says to me that these people are going to stand by me no matter what five years ago, I would honestly have laughed.
16. Letting things go is a good thing.- This took me a long time to realize, but I feel like I finally understood.
17. You have to learn how to lose.- I am an athlete and I'm still competing, which means a lot of the times I have to stand there and pose on pictures, knowing that I lost the competition. But it only made me work harder and I also learned to respect the other competitors.
18. Not having a plan is not bad.- I didn't have a plan about what I want to be when I grow up and I still don't have one. And only now I realized that it doesn't matter, because not anyone can decide about her whole life at 19. Just do things you like and you will figure it out hopefully.
19. Growing up won't happen in a magical, unexpected moment. - I am still waiting on that, but I don't think it will ever come. It's a long process and it doesn't have to happen at a certain age. I'm 19, but I don't feel grown up.
So, these were the most important things I learned trough my life until this point. I hope you enjoyed reading this "short" list. What is the most important thing you learned in your life? Share in the comment section, if you want to, because I'm really curious.
Until next time,
Bianka

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great blog post! I had a lot of fun reading it. Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete