2/01/2016

January wrap-up

Hey Everyone,
today I'm going to do a january wrap-up as you could see from the title. This is going to be my first wrap-up post. I'm going to try to do a post like this every month, but It's only going to be interesting, if I don't post reviews about every book I read in the month. It's also the one month "anniversary" of the blog and I'm so happy I started it. So let's see what I've read this month:
My true love gave to me- edited by Stephanie Perkins: Well I read this book after Christmas, so I technically finished it in January. I have a review about this one, this was actually one of the first reviews on my blog. This book was so adorable and romantic and I would definitely recommend it for everyone, who is looking for a light Christmas-read. If you are not familiar with this book and what it's about, then check out my review here on the blog: http://booksdreamsandlifestyle.blogspot.hu/2016/01/my-true-love-gave-to-me-book-review.html
November 9 by Colleen Hoover: This book is a New Adult romance novel, filled with a lot of emotions and twists. It's interesting because the two main characters meet on the same day every year and we only get to see them on that one day every year. To see a longer review about this one click on the link: http://booksdreamsandlifestyle.blogspot.hu/2016/01/november-9-by-colleen-hoover-review.html
The young elites by Marie Lu: This was my least favorite read in January. It's not because I hated it, it's because the story wasn't interesting to me. I'm sure I'm going to continue reading the series, but the first book didn't impress me so far.
The last time we say goodbye by Cynthia Hand: This story is about so many many things, but maybe its main topic is besides teenage suicide is,what happens to those people, who are left behind. In this book Lex has to deal with her brothers death and also find her way back to normal life without her brother. I loved this book and it moved me in so many ways. I would totally recommend this, if you are looking for a really emotional read. Here is my review about it: http://booksdreamsandlifestyle.blogspot.hu/2016/01/the-last-time-we-say-goodbye-by-cynthia.html
Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell: I'm going to be honest: this book has been sitting on my shelf for ever and I felt really guilty because of it. I bought it 2 years ago when I was in England, because it was on sale and everyone said it's really good. This was my first Rainbow Rowell book and I kind of like her writing style. I am definitely going to pick up an other Rainbow Rowell book some time in the future. A quick summary about the book: It's about two teenagers, who start to sit beside each other on the bus and as they start to get to know each other they fall in love. They are also bot super-weird. This book is about a one-of-a-kind romance, which you will enjoy, because it feels real and sometimes irritating.
So these were the books I read this year so far and almost all of them were amazing and entertaining. I hope you enjoyed reading my wrap-up.
Talk to you soon,
Bianka







No comments:

Post a Comment