1/18/2016

The 5th Wave-movie review

Hey Everyone, I just saw one of my most anticipated movie adaptation this year. I think it was pretty good. But let's go into the details. First of all I didn't watch the movie in English, because it wasn't available in my local cinema. I watched it in Hungarian and it was a huge mood buster. I couldn't really say, how accurate they were with the names for example. But as far as the story went, i think it was pretty much like it was in the book. The only thing I didn't like in the movie was, that they were putting the two big plot-twist too close to each other. I cannot really say, if they were as close as they were in the books, because I read the book back in the beginning of 2015, but it wasn't looking good in a movie. The mood and the atmosphere on the screen was exactly like it was throughout the book and I really liked it.
The actors were surprisingly really well chosen as well. They had chemistry, they had almost the same feel to them as they had in the book. Before this movie I didn't really like Chloe Grace Moretz, but thanks to this movie I'm looking forward to see her in other movies. She made Cassie real, although in some moments I couldn't understand her acting, but altogether it was one of the best character adaptations. Nick Robinson plays Ben Parrish aka Zombie, and he is exactly how I imagined Ben before. I've never seen him in a movie before, but I'm sure I want to. My least favorite character in this movie was definitely Evan Walker. I loved him in the books, but in the movie something wasn't on point with the character. I don't know why I feel this way, but something about him wasn't completely coming through on the screen. Alex Rose played him and I can't just say it was the fault of his acting, because maybe it was written like this for him in the script, but i definitely think that it could have been better delivered. He wasn't giving the impression of a strong man, who is kind of debating his own nature, because he realises it's not right. He gave the impression of a usual guy character from a bad romantic movie. Ringer was played by Maika Monroe, also someone I don't know from any movie, but she delivered a sassy, badass and fun character, with the look I expected. The little boy, who played Sam or Nugget, was Zackary Arthur and he didn't cause any disappointment, but there is not much to say about his acting. He was cute and we sobbed when he was taken, but he wasn't in the movie that much to say anything about his acting.
Altogether this movie is really good and I'm relieved. I was really afraid of this adaptation, because it could've gone wrong on so many ways, but it was well done most of the time.
I definitely recommend you to watch this movie, if you red and liked
the book, or even if you didn't, you're going to enjoy it either ways or maybe you're going to like it even more if you don't know about the big plot twists.
Until next time
Bianka

No comments:

Post a Comment