1/01/2016

My true love gave to me book review

Hey, I hope you all had a great New Year's Eve, mine was really good and I'm ready for a super awesome 2016. Today I have a book review about a book I got for Christmas and already finished it. The title of the book is My true love gave to me and it contains 12 holiday stories by different authors. I honestly asked for this book, because it was edited by Stephanie Perkins and she is one of my all time favorite authors out there. Probably she is my favorite. If you didn't know, she wrote Anna and the french kiss, which is my absolute favorite book. Plus I saw the list of authors, whose stories are in the book and I saw Ally Carter's name on the cover (author of the Gallagher Academy series and the Embassy Row series) and I love those books, so I immediately knew, that this book is for me. And it was the perfect read for the holidays. I liked the characters, the storylines and I'm going to be honest I was really afraid of the stories being so short, because how do you put a complete, well structured, enjoyable love story in 12 pages, but even the parts were the characters just started to like each other after 2 pages, it didn't bother me. Let's face it Christmas is about family, love and miracles. Anything can happen. You're glad to read stories like this, because you just feel the holiday spirit and a part of you wants to believe, the everything is possible around Christmas. In my opinion, it would be almost impossible, to enjoy these stories this much, if it's not the holidays. Don't get me wrong the best part of this book was, that it's simple and sweet and that's all I wanted from this book. I didn't like two of the stories, but in all together, even the authors I don't like surprised me. My favorite stories were the ones by Rainbow Rowell, Stephanie Perkins, Ally Carter and Gayle Forman. I also liked the one by Matt de la Pena. My least favorite stories were the one by Laini Taylor and Myra McEntire. I couldn't even read them trough, they just didn't catch my attention.
Altogether this book was really awesome, it didn't disappoint me at all and I definetly think next year around Christmas you should pick it up (if you haven't already) or you can pick it up now and extend your holiday a little bit.
5 out 5 stars.
Talk  to you soon, 
Bianka

No comments:

Post a Comment