9/04/2016

August Wrap-Up

Hey Everyone, I am officially back from vacation and also I had bit of "writing-slump" as well, so today I am going to share all the books I have read in the month of August. It's been quite a busy month, but I now I am saying that all the time. This month was I think the best reading month I have had in a long time. I read eight books this month and I could finally catch up on my Goodreads reading challenge. Most of these books I read during my vacation, so the lesson is I should go on vacations more often. But hey, who doesn't?! Without further do, let's see what I read in the month of August and also my favorite memory from this moth.
Illuminae by Amie Kaufmann and Jay Kristof: 
I have already talked about this one in my July wrap-up post, but I wasn't finished with it at the time. After finishing it I think this book is genius. I am not a huge sci-fi fan and I am not a big audiobook fan either, but this book made me like both of these things. I have a review about this one up on the blog, if you want to read it, just click here. 
The Siren by Kiera Cass:
I was a little disappointed by this book, honestly. It was't what I was expecting. And I also had a few problems with it. Altogether I enjoyed reading it, if you want to read my review about it, please click here.
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone by J. K. Rowling: 
This was my first time reading any Harry Potter books and I have only seen the first movie, so although I had high expectations, I really didn't know what to expect from this book. Everyone knows what this series is about, butI didn't know, whether I am going to love the writing or not. I enjoyed reading it, but I don't think I can form an opinion just after one book.
P. S. I like you by Kasie West:
Kasie West never let's me down. This was a real fluffy contemporary romance and although the characters are still in school in this book, for me it was the perfect summer-read. Especially now, when I don't have to go to high school anymore. I will write a review about this one, so keep an eye out for that.
Flat out love by Jessica Park: 
I don't give a book one star often, but in this case I had to. I didn't like this book and I am so sad, because I had such big expectations for this one and it had such good reviews on Goodreads....I didn't like the writing and the main character Julie annoyed me on a whole new level. But I really liked Celeste in this book, she was so weird and I think there is another series by Jessica Park, where she is a teenager and I think I am going to read that and maybe I will like it a little bit more....
I'll meet you there Heather Demetrios: 
Yes, another contemporary romance on the list. I have been feeling a little bit down lately, so I think the best way to cheer me up, is reading fluffy romance books and it totally works. This book was not what I expected it to be. Yes, there was a romance in it, a cute one actually. But the more captivating thing for me was Jake's character. Seeing a teenage guy back from war, after loosing his leg is not something you see in YA often. I'll also do a review about this book sometime in the near future.
Anna and the french kiss by Stephanie Perkins: 
I don't think I have to talk about this book, because we all know this is my all time favorite book. I brought this with me, because if this wasn't going to cheer me up, then nothing could. And also I couldn't go on vacation without Étienne St. Claire....I know, my obsession with this book is unhealthy.....Don't judge me, please....
The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen: Honestly, I liked this book at the beginning, but it became slower and slower towards the end. I don't know if it was because of the translations (I read it in Hungarian) or the original is so slow as well, but this just wasn't for me. I am not planning to do a review about this book, but if you want me to, leave a comment and I will do it.
Highlight of August:
I started university!!!!!! Okay I haven't had any classes yet, but I got to know a lot of people already and they are all so friendly and nice. I have never made friends so easily before. It's definitely not high school anymore. Also, my brother just turned 18 this month, so that was a big highlight of the month as well.
August was a really fun month and also exciting, I pretty much think this was my favorite month of the summer. I am very excited for what's coming in the next months. How was your  summer? Are you ready for back-to-school? Tell me in the comments, because I am really curious.
Until next time,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment